We will provide you with certified, licensed, and insured Security Guards. Each Security Professional has been screened to the highest of standards and to the satisfaction of the state regulations.
Our pre-employment background investigation far exceeds that of most security companies. Furthermore, our personnel all submit to a battery of aptitude tests, a 5-panel drug screening, and extensive in-service training regarding criminal law and security defensive tactics. Prior to commencement of a contract with Ranger Guard and Investigations, we will provide you with the full applicant investigation of each proposed security guard.
Ranger Guard and Investigations offers, free of charge, supervisory personnel to insure strict adherence to our general orders and your rules, regulations and ordinances. Ranger Guard and Investigations supervisors are utilized as a liaison between Ranger Guard and Investigations and our clients. Supervisors are on duty 24 hours a day and 365 days per year for your convenience. They will regularly make spot checks to prevent the issue of complacency. It is our belief that in order to assure the best quality of service that we stand by, we must keep close relationships with our personnel both on and off duty.
At Ranger Guard and Investigations, all of our security guards will be equipped with two-way radios or equivalent to ensure constant communication with our management team.
Each and every security guard will act according to our company’s professional standards combining excellent customer service with adequate security response.
Staff Training Program
RGI’s approach to training is centered on the proactive strategy of highly visible guard presence, situational awareness to deter, prevent and/or detect potential threats before they occur. We use a combination of trainers including law enforcement officers, RGI’s own executive staff who have extensive security experience, guest speakers, seminars/ conferences, and online resources primarily from government agencies (DHS/DPS) on crisis prevention pre-incident indicators and disaster preparedness. Our Security Guards are taught Verbal Judo (use of dialogue and body language to deescalate conflict) to deter, detect and defuse potential conflict and redirect behavior. Our trainers use interactive scenarios and table top exercises to reinforce instructional objectives.
In addition to State of Texas mandated certification courses, Ranger Guard & Investigations’ personnel must attend:
● 24 hours of Conflict Resolution and Defensive Tactics Training including: the Principles of Verbal Judo, The Force Continuum, Escalation/ De-Escalation, Communication Skills, Weaponless Strategies, Krav Maga Techniques, Injury Prevention and Use of Force Policy.
● 24 hours of Patrol Techniques and Criminal Law Class including: RGI’s professional standards for engaged, pro-active thorough foot-patrols, to cover all internal /external areas as well as vehicular patrols to inspect all outdoor areas for illegally parked cars, Crime Prevention/ Detection /Reporting of suspicious behaviors, theft of property as well as applicable Texas Penal Code.
● 12 hours of Risk/ Threat Management and Counter-terrorism Training including: the principles Situational Awareness, Vigilance, Psychological Profiling, Identifying Behaviors of Concern, Active Shooter scenarios and Crisis Management to adhere to clients policy. Including immediately calling Law Enforcement in the event of an actual emergency involving potential serious bodily injury, loss of life or theft of client property and then immediately notify the Client Security Contract Administrator while following client’s crisis management plan.
● 16 hours of Customer Service Training to teach exceptional courtesy, professional standards and respect, including: Uniform and grooming standards, being an approachable responsive, resource for clients, constituents and the public requiring assistance for example giving directions to client buildings/ offices, public parking, signing in/out to/of client buildings and/or safety concerns; Prompt, Accurate Report & Reporting Procedures including Daily Activity Reports (DAR), Incidence Reports (IR) documenting all security concerns/ incidents, and Time Sheets.
Ongoing Training & Evaluation
RGI management provides all Security Guards with ongoing, immediate feedback to commend excellence and to correct any non-compliance issues. All staff undergo annual evaluations.
● RGI Supervisors make unscheduled, spot checks to observe Security Guards job performance. Management provides ongoing, immediate feedback to all Security Guards to commend excellence, to correct/ document any non-compliance issues and to keep communication channels open.
● RGI Security Guards are required to attend bi-annual continuing education courses to ensure compliance with all client’s security procedures, rules and regulations as well as RGI’s policies and standards. Periodic on-site testing to ensure satisfactory security levels are maintained at all times. In addition, the Owner/ President conducts annual firearm qualification testing at local ranges for all Commissioned Security Guards.
● RGI Security Guards and administrative staff undergo an annual employee evaluation.